- Developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
- Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Managing the maintenance of office/manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
- Plan, organize, control, manage and evaluate the work of the Purchasing Division;
- Establish operational plans and initiatives to meet department goals and objectives to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish operating budget for the Purchasing Division.
- Coordinate the storage, repurpose and disposal of surplus materials, equipment and vehicles with required documentation and agreements.
- Organizes and maintain the supply warehouse, including operating a forklift for distribution
- Organize and conduct a City-wide annual inventory count;
- Audit and transfer data into the City’s financial system.
- Monitor developments within the field of purchasing, inventory and contracts;
- Recommend policy and procedure improvements.
- Using initiative, discretion and judgment within established procedures guidelines and rules.
- Defining problems; establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Managing situations requiring diplomacy, fairness, firmness and sound judgment.
- Reading, understanding, interpreting and applying local, state policies, laws and regulations regarding procurement and contracts.
- Analyzing procurement methods relative to current and future needs
- Effectively resolving complex contract, procurement and inventory issues within tight deadlines.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with department heads, managers, supervisors, employees, vendors, suppliers, contractors, chambers and external public and private agencies.
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Operating a personal computer and various software applications.
- Strong communication skills required
- Candidate should be fluent with MS Office and computer savvy
How to Apply:
Whiteice Network | 360° Recruitment Service Provider
whiteicenetwork.in | email@example.com | #whiteicenetwork
WhatsApp Number: 9510356364